Jivamukit Yoga retreats are exactly what they claim to be. Leave your “normal” everyday life and come dive into a deeper yoga practice. Here you will give your heart and soul space and time to heal, enrich yourself in an exotic and earthy adventure!
What to expect!
While you are away you will enjoy daily asana practice, kriya, pranayama and meditation. This will help detox, relax and give your body some new strength and put some calm back into your mind and heart. During your stay at your yoga retreat you can also expect some wonderful healthy vegan/vegetarian meals and the magical landscape around you will help support the cleansing and healing process.
The yoga retreat experience will purify your senses and give you the time to relax and heal. You will appreciate that your stay is surrounded by those with expertise and dedication of being yoga teachers. The tasty meals, friendly staff and guests and the natural beauty will allow you to let go.
- Daily Jivamukti yoga practice
- Early morning pranayama and meditation
- Healthy vegetarian food
- Time to rest-explore the site and amenities
- Excursion of destination
- Holistic and therapeutic treatments
- Off-site explorations of beaches, markets, local area
There is a holiday yoga retreat which is available to any ability and skill level person. For seven days you will be given the opportunity to be fully immersed into a deeper yoga practice and touch up an authentic yoga experience. During the yoga retreat, there is enough time set aside for individual guidance and one-on- one training so that you can begin working with your level and requirements.
Typical Daily Schedule
During your Jivamukti yoga retreat you will enjoy seven days which begins your first morning and ends around lunch on the seventh day.
A typical day at a yoga retreat:
- 8:00 – 10:30 am /Energizing Morning Practice
- 10:30 am- 12:00 pm / Free Time
- 12:00 – 1:30 pm / Lunch and Rest
- 1:30-5:00 pm / Free to enjoy the beach, have a massage or just relax
- 5:00- 7:00 pm / Gentle Jivamukti Open class with meditation/relaxation
- After 7:00 pm / Free time
Teachers at the yoga retreat
The yoga teachers at a yoga retreat are certified instructors in the Jivamukti yoga style. The classes are given in a dynamic and flowing style and all those participating are encouraged to engage their minds as well as your body with specific mental intention. This idea makes sure that the classes are both physically and mentally challenging. The goal of yoga teachers is to be able to create the deepest desire for the liberation of all those involved; liberation from your unhappiness, illness and suffering.
Cost and Terms of yoga retreat
The fees include:
- Yoga teaching tuition
- Accommodations for double occupancy
- One vegetarian meal a day
- Unlimited herbal teas
Not included in cost:
- Airfare to retreat destination
- Travel insurance
- Drinks other than herbal teas
- Optional excursions or activities
- Other travel expenses
Special Focus Areas
Meditation is the art of being completely aware. Many feel that due to the chaos and pressures of modern life we tend to have too much going on in our brains and energy in our upper body. We are living in a restless world and need desperately to relax.
Meditation can bring you back to a wholeness that allows us to watch things around us instead of always responding to them in an emotional way. We all have the ability to find peace within ourselves is most often we do not hear it because our mind is moving so quickly and there is too much chaos around us. Yoga teaching brings us back to taking a pause and allowing ourselves to hear and find the peace within.
Since sitting in meditation for hours is not an easy practice you can be shown some simple techniques that will easily fit into your busy lifestyle. Once you can incorporate meditation into your regular schedule you will notice that your life becomes more intense and happy and that you have a clarity and point of focus.
Treatments and Courses
Massages and treatments are also available to you while on your yoga retreat get away.
- Deep tissue massage- deeply relaxing healing art is finger pressure and is referred to as acupuncture with no needles. The energy flow is given the chance to move easier through the body which can strengthen the immune system and lead to better health
- Reflexology- relaxing treatment which involves massaging of your feet. It is based on every part of the body has a corresponding reflex point in the foot. By massaging the feet in certain pressure points you help your body regain its balance and good health.
So, if this sounds appealing and you are at your wits end look into going away to a yoga retreat and relaxing.