Jivamukti Yoga was developed by Sharon Gannon and David Life in 1968 with a contemporary yoga approach to living in the world today. The method follows the ancient scriptures and ethical ideals of yoga. The word Jivamukti is a Sanskrit word that mean living liberated. It is a yoga practice that views how spiritual values can help you work through the daily challenges that you face with more joy, compassion and positive awareness. Yoga teacher training will bring you to being able to provide this to your own students.
Through the practice of asana and the other traditional pieces Jivamukti yoga will show you a path to enlightenment for the seeker.
There are five key elements that you will be taught in yoga teacher training:
- Ahimsa which is non-violence towards all beings-being kind to others creates a positive atmosphere around you and into the greater world
- Bhakti which is devotion-offering all that you do to something great than yourself
- Dhyana which is meditation-connecting to the reality of inner joy
- Nada which is through music and teaches you how to enhance the development of a sound body and mind through listening
- Shastra which is the study of the Sanskrit scriptures and how they apply to now
Teacher Training Programs
There is a rigorous and month long training program which will provide a 300 plus hour residential teaching certification for the intermediate and advanced student. This yoga teacher training program is referred to as the most comprehensive training available in the world. The training program brings students all around the world and produces strong, committed, informed and confident yoga teachers that are about to incorporate asanas, chanting, music, meditation and activism into a strong practice.
The Jivamukti yoga teacher training program will give you the tools for bringing in the physical, psychological, spiritual and mystical aspects of yoga into your current life without you losing sight of the main purpose of the practice which is liberation. Since the Jivamukti yoga style focus is on a non –dualistic view of life, the style can awaken in you the need to protect the environment and all the animals and plants that are here around you. It will provide you with the skills to achieve those goals and the ability to teach others how to live in harmony with our planet.
Teacher Training Program Includes:
- Asana- Daily immersion of practice which focus on standing poses, forward bends, twists, backbends, inversions and balances, in-depth exploration of vinyasa, sequencing and alignment
- Sanskrit Language Immersion-Reciting, reading and writing the Sanskrit alphabet and exploration into the yoga texts
- Meditation-learning how to meditation and practice meditation twice a day as well as learning how to teach meditation to others
- How to practice and teach healing, purifying, and detoxifying hatha yoga kriyas
- Importance of vegan diet to health, sustaining the eco-system, reducing violence in our work as a way to enlightenment
- Physical and energetic anatomy of the body
- Philosophy, ethics and activism-how to live a positive life
- Practice teaching-yoga teacher and own class
The Jivamukti yoga teacher training program focuses on all things including physical postures as well as how the postures have evolved. You will be able to explore the ancient yoga texts and the five thousand year old traditions. You will discover how the psychotherapeutic benefits which develop through a strong yoga practice, and that you spiritual power will be set free and come alive as the energy flows through your body and through your heart and mind.
Look deep inside yourself and think if this is what you really want to do. If so jump in with both feet. Take the time to move forward and leave who you were and what you were doing behind you. You will walk away change forever, for the better, for you and for everything around you. It is time to make a life changing event come to action. Yoga teacher training for Jivamukti yoga is the first step.