DATE: May 30 – June 6, 2015
PRICES: Please have a look at our Rates and Reservations page for base rates that cover your meals and accommodations.
PACKAGES: We have four different yoga packages to choose from. Yoga & Adventure, Yoga & Rejuvenation, Yoga & Surfing, and Pure Yoga. For detailed info about our yoga retreats, please see our Anamaya Retreat Packages (ARP’s).
ADDITIONAL WORKSHOPS: There will be 3 special workshops offered to our guests this week. “Anya Method: Aligning the Senses”, “T’ai Thai Yoga Therapy”, and “Caring for the Caregiver”. Details are listed below. (Price TBD)
Guest Teacher T’ai Jamar Hanna
T’ai Jamar Hanna, LMT, MS, ERYT
T’ai = calms and peaceful in Chinese, joy in Thai, and big red fish in Japanese. Jamar is a combination of her grandmother’s names Jane/Mary and Hanna is her mother’s maiden name.
T’ai was raised under the practices of Shinto Buddhism and has loved nature, ritual, and mindful practices since she can remember. She started studying Iyengar yoga in 1996 with Mitra Tredway. As soon as she could, she started teaching yoga, mostly to special needs kids in afterschool programs. As a lifetime dancer and athlete, she found yoga enhanced her mental performance and increased her physical flexibility.
T’ai earned her 200-hr certification with Paula Tursi, Reflections Yoga along with 40-hours of Thai Yoga Massage with Peter Kaaberbol, 2006. In 2007, she completed a 25-hour prenatal yoga training with Urban Yoga at Kripalu. She is a certified Level-One Yoga Tune Up® instructor, 2008. Since then, she has acquired hundreds of hours in Thai Massage, studying with world renown teachers, Arno Ihermitte and David Lutt of Osteo-Thai College and Jack Chaya of Chiang Mai Nerve Touch School, 2011. At any opportunity, she studies Body Tuning and Yoga Nidra with Glenn Black.
In 2014, she obtained a License in Massage Therapy, after completing an Associates of Science in Occupational Science at Pacific College of Oriental Medicine. Most recently, she completed Osteo Thai for Neck and Head with David Lutt, 2014 and will continue to study and train in Thailand during the winter months in Osteo Thai techniques with David Lutt, as well as deepening her yoga practice at Sivananda Ashram, Mundrai, india. She is honored and privileged to study and practice with Courtney Bauer in the Anya Method, 2014.
I live to laugh, learn and love fully. I am working on stillness, stability, and sitting in this ever evolving seat called life. I find that the more consciously I breathe, the more I feel sourced and supported. I believe in connectedness. I am looking forward to being a lifetime student, practitioner, and teacher of the body-mind-spirit. I am continually amazed by the human spirit and feel utterly privileged to live on this planet and hope I will actively support its sustainability and vitally through my choices, my teachings, and all that I have to offer the world.
Based in NYC, I primarily teach one-to-one, honing in on the student-teacher relationship, guided by yoga therapy as a pathway for self healing and energetic evolution. I teach public classes and workshops at Reflections Center for Conscious Living and Studio Anya. I integrate Reflections Yoga, Anya Method, Movement Therapy, Breathwork, Thai Yoga Massage, and Yoga Nidra in all of my offerings. I specialize in end of life process/grieve, pain management and regulating the systems through mindfulness.
Anya Method: Aligning the Senses
1.5 hours, Price is $25
Anya Method amplifies awareness, agility, and abundance while alleviating aches and anxiety.
This dynamic practice is a systematic approach that frees blocked energy, strengthens the bones, lengthens and tones muscle, and creates space for calm in the mind and focus on the divine.
In this workshop we will:
- Focus on alignment, symmetry, movement, transitions, and connection to the breath.
- Take a journey through the body to open pathways, energize the tissues, increase circulation and inspire mindful playfulness
- Create asana/shapes to find strength and flexibility
- Utilize pranayama/breath practice to support the shapes
- Incorporate visualization/attention to enhance the divine connection
- Bring a quality of meditation/focus to the mind and body
- Explore toning/sound to express self
T’ai Thai Yoga Therapy
2.5 hours, price is $45
“Setting Up Savasana ” inspired by David Lutt of Osteo Thai
This powerful practice of Thai Healing Touch is a traditional and dynamic approach that combines metta: loving kindness, therapeutic bodywork techniques, supported stretch, energetic pathways, and the connection between giver/receiver in health and wellness.
In this workshop you will:
- Learn a sequence from feet to head that will invite the giver and receiver into a conscious state of relaxation.
- Use simple bodywork techniques to adjust the receiver’s body to harmonize and open energetic pathways
- Utilize leverage and body weight to offer release to energy blocks and muscular tension
- Combine your practice with the dance of partner yoga to find connection and freedom of movement
- Learn supported stretch to deliver powerful adjustments and suggestions through touch
- Connect with the quality of listening with your body to offer and receive loving kindness
Yoga teachers, movement therapists, health care providers, and students of all levels welcome.
Caring for the Caregiver
1 hour, $20
This workshop in self care will offer simple techniques in kriya yoga, self massage, mindful fidgets, and breath patterning to help manage stress and find centerness in being a caregiver.
You will learn:
- Fitness around breath
- Mindful fidgets to enliven the body and awaken the mind
- Self massage techniques
- How to regulate the nervous system
- How to care for yourself so that you can serve others in a balanced, harmonized way.
For mothers, friends, confidants, and providers of physical, emotional and spiritual support.
PLEASE NOTE: The package price for all three workshops is $80
A Message Froom T’ai